Culture and cuisine
Over the Easter holidays, the largest town in the region where Germany borders Austria, Switzerland and Liechtenstein offers a rich mix of nature, arts and entertainment. Constance’s largest egg hunt, for example, will make any child’s face light up and entice them to spend plenty of time outdoors in the fresh air. Other highlights include an Easter creative market, Easter treats and a classical concert. Families and visitors of all ages can also enjoy a fun-packed cruise, Easter brunch included, aboard a boat operated by BSB, or a memorable trip on a historical sailing boat.
Nature at its best
Enjoy Easter in bloom on the Flower Island of Mainau. Probably Lake Constance’s best-known island, it tempts visitors with experiences for all the senses – including an Easter brunch. Alternatively, why not relax over Easter on a cycle tour along the waterfront to Reichenau Island – a UNESCO World Heritage site – or through the varied volcanic landscape of the Hegau region. Or how about a memorable hike on the SeeGang trail? A visit to the Sea Life centre also makes great day out for visitors young and old.
Tip: take a virtual tour of the SeeGang walking trail with our new video – simply click and enjoy!
The Easter Programme at a glance:
- Creative Easter market at the Erlebniswald Mainau adventure forest on 25 March
- Easter brunch on Mainau Island on 30 March
- Easter brunch on Mainau Island on 1 April
- Constance's largest Easter egg hunt in Erlebniswald Maianu adventure forest on 1 April
- Easter concert with Elena Bashkiroba and Michael Barenboim in the Wolkensteinsaal at the Kulturzentrum arts centre on 1 April
- Cuise on the historical sailing boat St. Judok on 1 April
- BSB Cruises including Easter brunch on 2 April
- Easter brunch on Mainau Island on 2 April
- "Bunt ja, Ei nein!" - colorful Easter painting for kids at the State Archeological Museum on 4 April