- Dagmar Schwelle
Kaiserbrunnen fountain A sight to behold
The Kaiserbrunnen fountain was built in 1897, and the figures decorating it were replaced in 1990s. Since then, the fountain in the centre of the old quarter on Marktstätte square has featured caricatures such as a three-headed peacock with three papal tiaras. These commemorate the Council of Constance held from 1414 to 1418
Further information on the meaning of these figures an on the fountain in general is available here, or why not join the "presence of the past" guided tour...